If there's an image you like, I can put together a custom order for you. Via: www.ramonarode.etsy.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pitfalls of Art

Last night I tried my hand at gel medium image transfer again.  
I've had VERY limited success in the past.  In fact, it's only worked once (see the palm tree tile/coaster in the previous post).  I thought, alright, I've finally got it...but then last nights massive ink smearing disaster happened.  
Am I putting the medium on too thick?  Am I not leaving it on long enough?  Am I using the wrong printer?  Does my "most bang for your buck" budget gel medium just suck?  I've watched countless youtube instructional videos and feel that I am doing the exact same thing...except it never works.  The one successful transfer I did using paper...but I saw this lady using transparency paper and thought it look a lot easier...so far i haven't come close to making it work.  
Just a bit of a rant.      



If you CAN get it to work you can make some really cool images
Skate Deck process - Skate Deck Process: step 3 by dan springer

...probably too much medium.

No comments: