If there's an image you like, I can put together a custom order for you. Via: www.ramonarode.etsy.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Niche

I need to find my niche.  My art is kind of all over the map...varying editing styles in photography, completely random themes and styles in paintings.  I haven't had a series of any one thing or a unifying style...I tend to just do whatever appeals to me at the time. 

I always hated in art class when I had to make meaning out of everything I made. 
Why can't I just say I made this because I thought it looked cool; it would go in my house; I used these colours because they balanced out the painting; I wanted to try something new; yes, I copied someone else because I liked it and wanted to see if I could make it too; I just like plumerias.

I make art because I like to.  I like the process, I like the challenge (especially trying to mix the perfect shade of colour), I like the sense of accomplishment, and most of the time, I like the result.

But I'm finding that if I ever want to sell anything, whether it be photos or paintings, in coffee shops or on etsy, I need at least some sort of unifying theme.  A niche.  Every artist is known for some style or theme.
Now, to find mine...

No comments: