If there's an image you like, I can put together a custom order for you. Via: www.ramonarode.etsy.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monoprint

I saw this the other day on Inklore and decided I had to try it.  I went out and bought my plexiglass plate from Opus ($2.00) and my tempera paints (also $2.00).  I had some left over water colour paper scraps to test the technique out.  My results are anything but stellor...cough, lack of creativity...but fun none the less. 

I did learn some things: 
- less is more...too much paint leaves those scraggly lines.
- if you want to write something remember to write it backwards.
- make sure to work fast...if anything dries...it obviously wont print.
















What you need:
- water based paint (tempera works well and it's cheap!) or water based inks or oil - based paints.
- paint brush.
- plexiglass.
- paper (preferably one that is absorbent like water colour paper).
- cup of water.
- Q-tips are not only good erasers when wet but also can help "carve" out designs in your paint.

Voila



No comments: