If there's an image you like, I can put together a custom order for you. Via: www.ramonarode.etsy.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Complete

Finished these guys finally and without a hitch!!!  
They are all original RamonaRode paintings - printed and adhered to a 6x6 wood panel, finished with an epoxy coating.   


You can see the glass like finish in the pictures below. 
Now what's left is putting a gloss coat around the edges.  I tried to avoid this by using scotch tape while applying the epoxy but it still leaked onto the sides so I need to even out the look...see what I mean?


Also, a few weeks ago I tried to do a gel image transfer with one of the paintings onto a wood panel.  It turned out ok.  Some pieces of the image rubbed off and there was a really stubborn bit of paper that WOULD NOT COME OFF.  So I had to put a gloss over it to keep everything in place and make the paper piece not so white.  Personally, I like the image transfer without the glaze but whatevs.  



And here's all three of the mediums I've used for this painting!


Top is the first acrylic painting I did on canvas, bottom left is the gel image transfer on a wood panel and the bottom right is a photo on a wood panel with an epoxy coating. 


P.S. I had no idea the painting the photo had such different colour tones...this will need to be remedied but I'm still very happy with both.
That's it with these guys for awhile.  
Time for less tropical images and more Vancouver-ish photos.

No comments: